North Raleigh Dentist near Leesville Road Middle School and High School
If you have a child who attends Leesville Road Middle School or High School, know that there is a brand new dental office nearby. Wells Family Dental Group is pleased to serve middle school and high school students from our North Raleigh office. We are a family dentistry so we serve patients of all ages from pediatric patients all the way up to senior citizens and retirees in the Raleigh area. We are excited to serve the Leesville community.
Our dentists have years of experience providing teens with the high quality dental care they deserve. Your teen can count on us for routine exams and checkups every six months or so. These exams and checkups will prevent dental issues from arising and educate them on proper dental care like how to properly floss the teeth.
Additionally, a routine teeth cleaning will be performed during each six-month dental visit. While many believe brushing at home should be enough to keep our teeth healthy, routine cleanings are extremely important and beneficial. When receiving a dental cleaning, the dental hygienist is trained to recognize signs of gum disease or any other dental concerns. He or she will cater to any areas in the mouth that may need some extra TLC when removing plaque and polish the teeth so that they are shiny and bright.
Dental Services We Offer in North Raleigh
We also offer a variety of cosmetic dental services that your son or daughter may take advantage of. The most popular one is Invisalign and will give your teen the opportunity to straighten their teeth in a comfortable and discreet way.
If your teen undergoes Invisalign treatment, they can remove their aligners to eat, drink, brush, floss, and play sports. They won’t have to worry about disturbing their active lifestyle or avoiding certain foods like one would have to with traditional braces. Tooth whitening is another popular cosmetic dental service for teens as many opt for it before a school dance or another special event. If interested in tooth whitening, our dentists would be more than happy to examine your teens teeth to see if tooth whitening would be right for them.
At Wells Family Dentistry, we know that not everyone can feel relaxed at the dental office. Often, dental work can make some teens anxious, which is why we offer sedation dentistry to our patients. Through sedation dentistry, your son or daughter can receive the treatments they need without experiencing any pain or discomfort. They’ll be able to fall asleep before a treatment and wake up when it’s over. At our dental office, we specialize in orally administered sedation and oxygen sedation. If interested in sedation dentistry, we ask that you please let us know of any history of allergies (especially to medication or anesthesia) and anxiety level when determining how to make the dental experience the most comfortable.
Common Questions To Ask About Sedation Dentistry:
As a parent, it is important to be informed and aware of the dental procedures your teen may receive. Additionally, it is important to bring any questions or concerns to the dentist who is treating your teen. Please see below for questions that may be helpful to you regarding sedation dentistry and your teen.
Prior To A Procedure:
- Who will evaluate my teen prior to the dental procedure?
- How long should my child refrain from eating or drinking prior to the dental procedure?
- Can my teen drink sips of water before a dental procedure?
- Will any medication be needed for my child prior to receiving sedation at the dental office?
- What training and experience does the person providing sedation or anesthesia for the procedure have?
- Does the assisting staff have emergency training? Is training renewed regularly?
During The Procedure:
- What level of sedation will my teen need during their dental visit? Will my teen need general anesthesia during their dental visit?
- Who will monitor my teen during their procedure?
- How many staff members will be with my teen during their procedure?
Following the Procedure:
- As the parent, will I be given any instructions after the procedure in the event there are concerns or complications when getting home?
- How long after sedation can my teen eat or drink?
Schedule an Appointment at Wells Family Dental
If you’d like to ensure your teen’s oral health is in great shape, we encourage you to schedule an appointment at our North Raleigh dental office today by calling 919-872-7363. We’d be happy to fit them in after school.