Cleanings & Prevention
Our experienced and dedicated team collaborates with each patient to maintain the naturally healthy aspects of your teeth and mouth while creating a dental plan to deter the new, continuing, and repeating issues or conditions.
Preventing dental problems is as easy as creating a good oral hygiene and diet plan at home. Wells Family Dentistry puts in the effort to compliment and strengthen your own oral health and maintenance.
Preventative measures that our office provides include regular teeth cleaning, dental exams, and x-rays, sealants and fluoride treatments.
By using preventative measures before any problems arise, you can have a healthy and beautiful smile for life.
During your initial visit, Dr. Wells and his staff will perform a comprehensive dental exam. Your regular check-ups will include the following procedures:
- Diagnostic X-Rays – determine tooth and root position as well as detect tumors, decay, bone loss, and cysts
- Oral Cancer Screening – check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for possible signs of oral cancer
- Gum Disease Evaluation – examining the gums and bone around the teeth for possible signs of periodontal disease
- Tooth Decay Examination – examining all tooth surfaces for signs of decay
- Existing Restorations Examination – check current dental restorations including fillings, crowns, root canals, etc…
Our Registered Dental Hygienists expertly perform the following procedures during your professional dental cleanings:
- Calculus (Tartar) Removal – calculus, hardened plaque left on the tooth over time that has attached itself to the tooth surface, is removed from above and below the gum line
- Plaque Removal – plaque, a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on teeth, is ripe with living bacteria, which in turn produce poisons that inflame the gum and cause the beginnings of gum disease
- Teeth Polishing – removing the stains and plaque that are not removed during regular tooth brushing and scaling, giving you a sparkling and healthy smile!